Pages

Snippets

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Organizing.

So, I've been trying to organize my recipes. I have about a bazillion cookbooks, and I love them all. I like to try new recipes out of them and then I forget which cookbook they came from, making it difficult to make that recipe again. So I thought I should centralize all recipes that I plan on making again into 1 place. After talking with Audra, we thought maybe having our recipes, that we have tried and would like to make again, all in one place would be easiest. One time mom gave me a cookbook with many of our family favorite recipes from growing up, so I know that cookbook has all good, already-been-tried recipes. And I have 2 other cookbooks for recipes I acquire from friends, or online etc. Only one of them is in use. I figure the best I can do is consolidate into two cookbooks. If I'd like to try a new recipe I have my cookbooks, friends, and online sources for that, or if I want tried and true, I have two cookbooks to go to.

I've also been contemplating keeping them all on my computer. They would definately stay cleaner and would be easier to read and I would be able to easily post recipes on my blog. I have been considering placing my planned meals on here per request of a few people. The only problem with that is if I were typing out all those recipes every time, it would be very time consuming, and I'm lazy. BUT if they were all on my computer already...easy peasy. However, I don't want to haul my laptop to the kitchen every night to cook. I've done a little searching for a PDA that can sync to a recipe software program on my computer. No such luck yet. Appearantly if I had an iTouch or iPhone they have an application that does just that. However, I don't have either, and they are not exactly cheap. So. I'm needing suggestions. Please help, dear 3 readers.

I did find a recipe software with a 30 day free trial so I've been looking around and that and I did add a recipe that I made last night to see how it worked ect. However, that still leaves me with the problem of what to do while actually cooking. sigh.

Anyway, here it is. This recipe came via mom, but I think she got it from Michael and Audra. It makes a ton.

Crock pot Mexican Chicken Burrito
Easy and yummy Yields: 8 Servings
Ingredients
5 Chicken breast fillet

1 can (16 oz) Black beans drained and rinsed

1 can (16 oz) Corn drained

1 jar Salsa

4 servings Brown rice cooked

Instructions: Place chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot. Cover will all other ingredients. Cook on low all day. Shred Chicken. Stir in brown rice immedietly before serving. Serve with whole wheat tortillas, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
Rachel Soper
Cuisine : Mexican
Main Ingredient : Chicken

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it is from us, but we make something very similar only with shredded beef that Michael really likes. Audra

    ReplyDelete