Pages

Snippets

Sunday, April 5, 2009

New Recipe Plan

I'm actually not done with my last recipe plan. We ate out a few nights, unexpectedly, I made chicken strips and pancakes (twice) to replenish my freezer supply and I made pizza for Kyle's birthday. I still have macaroni and cheese and Rosemary Chicken left to make. I'll do Mac n cheese tonight for supper and then Rosemary chicken tomorrow.

But. I desperately need to get to the grocery store. I've been out of cereal for about a week. Meaning, all we have left is cream of wheat and Kyle's fuax Honey Bunches of Oats. I can't do a big shop without a complete list, otherwise I'll just be making several quick trips getting "just one thing so I can make...you fill in the blank.

I did have a few new recipes that I tried last time that were a hit and will definately make it into regular rotation that I'll share.

Chili Cornbread
1lb ground beef
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can crushed tomatoes
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1/2 c water
1-2 T chili powder
And one batch of cornbread (I did from scratch, but a mix would work well here too. The original recipe actually called for Jiff Cornbread Mix)

Brown beef with onion, pepper and seasonings. And remaining ingredients and simmer while you make the cornbread. The chili misture should be thick. Place chili in a greased 3qt. baking dish. Spread cornbread batter over all and bake according to the cornbread directions (400 for 20 min. for mine)

Luke at a ton of this...for many meals.

Mini Meat Loaves
1 lb ground chicken
2 slices bread, crumbed
1 egg
2 T ketchup
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 onion FINELY chopped
salt and pepper
BBQ sauce.

In a large bowl, combine all (except BBQ sauce). Mix well. Scoop into mini loaf pans or muffin tins. Brush tops with BBQ sauce. Bake at 350 for 30 min. Serve with more BBQ sauce. YUMMY!!!! And quick and easy and I like that it called for ground chicken. I had ground turkey on hand and used that...and it's 97%lean and it turned out great. Luke didn't really agree, but whatever. It could've been a random night for him.

And now for the meal plan:

Easy Chicken and Pasta
Indian Corn
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Shepherd's Pie
Chicken and Broccoli--new!
Microwave lasagna (if I remember to pick up a new 9X13 pyrex...I broke my other one)
Tomato Basil Chicken Pasta
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Spaghetti with meat sauce
7 layer dinner

And as alwasy...pizza, (and chicken strips and pancakes as needed to replenish my freezer supply for Luke)
Also, making a batch of cookies for Bunco.)

I also made Herman bread this week with cranberries to restock the freezer. Luke will often have this for a bedtime snack.

Also scored some great deals at Target....got 10 boxes of fruit snacks for 50 cents each and 11 bags of cheetos (the small ones...not individual sized...bigger than that...they're 4 servings each) for 29 cents each. I won't be needing to buy chips for a LONG time.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girlie.. I gave you an award. Go Check it out. http://couponprincessgoesblogging.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-am-lemonade-award-recipient.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait.. have not found those Cheetos, I have bought the small pack of fruit snacks by checkout, they are free, after the $1 coupon. Need to go get some cheetos.

    ReplyDelete