Pages

Snippets

Monday, May 18, 2009

New Meal Plan!

My last meal plan lasted a long time...which was good and not so good.  We are now out of so many things, I have a MONSTER grocery shopping coming up.  I think I'll go tonight, if it's okay with Kyle.  I still have one meal left to make...lemon chicken and pasta which I'll make tomorrow (we're having calzones tonight).  I did have to get fuit and milk several times between shops this time too, which is not a big deal at all.  I need to start writing down when I do a big grocery shop so I can actually see how few and far between they are.

I made pizza one night (the night I made it Kyle walked in the kitchen and said, "Oh pizza.  Good.  That's just what I need."  This was the not internet and got a new computer day...so a stressful day for him.  Homemake pizza is to Kyle what chocolate is to me.

Here is the 10 meal plan:

Lasagna Noodle Roll Ups 
Chicken Manicotti (Actually turkey)
Taco Salad
Flautas (again made with turkey)
Mexican Chicken Burrito stuff (double recipe...our new neighbors are to be moving in so I'll make a                                                            double batch and take them supper)
Grill Hamburgers
Easy Chicken and Pasta 
Chinese (Sweet and Sour Chicken)
Beef and Macaroni Skillet
Indian Corn

I bought two turkey breasts on sale and with a coupon at the grocery store a while back so I'll cook one of those in the crock pot and shred the meat and use that to make my turkey dishes.

Extras:  Since I'll be taking a meal and we're having poker night I have quite a list this time.  Guacamole, Texas Caviar, cookies, Veggie tray, Key lime pie dip.

Here's my Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe:
4 Chicken breasts
1 tub Feta cheese
1/2 box frozen spinach (thawed and sqeezed dry)
1 can petite diced tomatoes
Rosemary, Tyme, Basil, Poultry Seasoning, Minced garlic, pepper and Cayenne pepepr.

Combine tomatoes and some of the spices: Rosemary and whatever else sounds good.  Let sit while you prepare the rest.
Slit 4 chicken breasts making as big of a pocket in each one without cutting all the way through.
Combine Feta, Spinach and spices except Cayenne.
Stuff each chicken breast with 1/4 of feta mixture.  Secure closed with a tooth pick.  Place in greased baking dish.  Sprinkle chicken breasts with Cayanne pepper to taste.  Top with tomatoes.  Bake uncovered at 350 for 40 min or until done.

This recipe is so easy to make...very quick and simple and it looks very fancy.  It's my go to meal for company. You don't have to tell them it only took 10 minutes to prepare =)

Luke has croup again.  And he's not doing so hot on his second nap.  We might be working our way to just one nap a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment