Pages

Snippets

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Recipe Plan

Here is a picture of Luke Brandon Hayes took. Luke ran right up to the camera instead of standing still. I think he looks so silly in this picture. It hardly even looks like him. It looks like he's looking into one of those crazy mirrors or something. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

I'm finished with the last meal plan. I didn't ever make Quesadilla Pie. The more I looked at it the more it reminded me of the Mexican Lasagna I make, which sounded better than their recipe. So, I'm starting off this meal plan tonight, making that.

New Meal Plan:

Mexican Lasagna
Chicken Fajitas
Italian Omlet
Cannelloni
Chicken with Garlic Tomato Sauce with Spinach Herb Twists
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Crockpot tomato basil Chicken
Broccoli Tuna Casserole
Cheese Salsa Mini Meatloaves
Grilled Chicken

Extras: Whole wheat pizza muffins, granola bars (didn't get to either of these last week), cupcakes
And of course, I'll make pancakes if I need to, and pizza and chicken strips.

From the last meal plan, I got several new recipes that I know I'll make over and over.

Cheesy Salsa Mini Meatloaves (These are better than my other mini meatloaf recipe. Luke ate these pretty well...better than the others anyway =))
1 lb ground beef (I'm trying it this meal plan with ground turkey for a leaner meal)
1/2 c FINELY chopped onion
1 egg
1/2 c bread crumbs
1 1/2 c cheddar or mexican style cheese, divided
1 c salsa, divided

Preheat oven to 400. Mix first 4 ingredients with 1 cup of cheese and 1/2 c salsa. Press evenly into 12 muffin cups, prayed with Pam. Use spoon to make a slight indentation in the center of each. Bake 20 min. Mix remaining cheese and salsa. Top each mini meatloaf with the salsa and cheese mixture, bake 3-5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.

Fierro Chicken Mom emailed me this recipe and it's great served with brown rice.

5oz softened cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar
1 (4oz) can green chilis
1 T chili powder
3/4 c enchilada sauce
3/4 c heavy cream
6 chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9X13 with Pam. Put chicken in bottom of pan. Mix the rest of the ingredients. Pour over chicken. Bake 40 minutes.

Chili Cheese Fries Casserole

2 lbs diced potatoes
1 lb ground beef/turkey (I'll use turkey next time to lean this one up, too)
1/2 onion diced
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 T chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

2 T butter
2 T flour
1 1/3 c milk
2 cups shredded cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Boil diced potatoes until fork tender. Put in 9X13 prepared dish.
2. Brown meat with onion. Add tomatoes and spices. Simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Melt butter in pan. Whisk in flour and cook for a couple minutes. Whisk in milk and bring to simmer until thickened. Stir in 1 1/2 c cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour cheese sauce over potatoes. Top with chili. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment