Pages

Snippets

Monday, December 7, 2009

This n that.

L to R Alyssa, Onawa, Natalie, Tara, Shanna and Me!
Kyle is finishing the paint job in Leta's room tomorrow. YEA! And then I will begin cleaning, arranging, organizing and hanging.

Kyle went hunting with Jeremy up by Pond Creek this past weekend. He didn't shoot anything this time, but it sounded like he had fun none-the-less. He's been a deer jerky making fool since their last hunting trip and so he brought 4 different recipes he's used for them to try.

I also had my Body and Soul winter workshop this past weekend. It wore me out! 6 hours of working out in one evening and morning.... My quads are a little sore thanks to a new move our power strength choreographer likes to call the "Jenga". I presented our boot camp training. I explained how to plan a boot camp etc. step clinic-ed several new moves and then demonstrated a mini boot camp. It went pretty good I think, for my first time to do that anyway. My partner and I had decided which moves she would demo and I would just cue due to pregnancy restrictions, but I missed one! I ended up doing 8 burpees and Leta kept getting squished and didn't like that too much =)

Saturday night was my non-baby-shower Girls Night Out. 5 of my friends took me out to the Melting Pot (my favorite restaurant) and we had a great time. It was fun to hang out with the girls and accomplish nothing but have fun for an evening. And even though there weren't supposed to be gifts, Leta got a gift card, bows, an "L" onsie, a wall hanging and her first doll. Thanks Tara, Natalie, Onawa, Alyssa and SHANNA (who planned it all) for a great night! All of us (except Alyssa) are pregnant or nursing. Quite the group!

Quintessential Luke.

Time for a new meal plan around these parts. I just finished our last one tonight and I need to get to the grocery store, but think that will have to wait until Wednesday since Kyle has a meeting tomorrow afternoon.

New Meal Plan:

Chinese with new sauce (different from last meal plan)
Taco Soup
French Bread Pizza
Creamy White Chicken Chili
Maple Porcupine Meatballs side of Pasta and spinach casserole
Sloppy Joes
Broccoli and Cheese stuffed Chicken breasts
Pepper Jack Mac Cups
Broccoli Tuna Casserole
Ham & Ricotta stuffed chicken breasts with a side of horseradish Crockpot scalloped potatoes

Extras: Sugar cookies, beans, french toast, pizza, chicken strips

Chinese was on the list last week, but I'm using a different sauce this time so it'll be almost like it's brand new. And the Ham and Ricotta stuffed chicken is a repeat of last time because out of the blue (without me asking) Kyle said, "This is pretty good." And I still have leftover ricotta to use up.

My last meal plan had several successful recipes so I have lots to share this week!

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup (this was was so good I'm still reminding Kyle about it almost 2 weeks later!)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp celery salt
1 onion, chopped
2 qt water
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
2-3large carrots, sliced
1 tsp garlic salt
2 celery stalks, sliced

Boil the above ingredients for 1 hr. When chicken is tender, remove and chop and put back in pot. Add

2 cups uncooked noodles.

Boil 20 minutes.

Cream Sauce:
6 T butter
6 T flour
4 cups skim milk
1/2 tsp lemon juice
TONS of pepper

Add cream sauce to soup. Season with salt to taste. Do not boil. Serve immediately.

Ricotta and ham Stuffed Chicken Breasts

1/2 c ricotta
1/4 c shredded parmesan
3 tsp dried basil
1 clove garlic, minced
4 chicken breasts
4 slices deli ham
salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
1/2 c flour
1 T olive oil
1 T butter

In a small bowl, combine cheeses, basil and garlic. Cut a deep pocket into each chicken breast (without slicing all the way through). Open breast as much as possible and lay one slice ham in it. Spoon 1/4 ricotta mixture in then close and secure with toothpicks. In a shallow dish, season flour with spices. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour until well coated on both sides. In a large skillet heat oil and butter. Add chicken and cook 9 minutes then flip and cook until no longer pink.

Ravioli Lasagna

1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 (20 oz) pkg refrigerated cheese ravioli
1 (10 oz) pkg frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry.
8 oz. shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup parmesan

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 9X9 pan with Pam. Spoon 1/4 cup sauce in bottom of pan. cover with 1/2 the ravioli. 1/2 remaining sauce. All spinach. 1/2 mozzarella. Remaining ravioli, sauce then both cheeses. cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more. Let cook 5 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. You need to have babies more often so we can do that again!! I had a blast.

    ReplyDelete