Pages

Snippets

Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Company Green Bean

These are SO easy, yet "fancy" enough for company and WAY better (in my humble opinion *big grin*) than Green Bean Casserole.  And much healthier to boot.  


Company Green Beans
Fresh Green Beans, trimmed, cut and steamed to desired done-ness
Pine Nuts, toasted in a small skillet 
1-2 T olive oil
Balsamic vinegar


Put olive oil and vinegar in a large skillet and reduce until you have a nice thick glaze.  Combine with steamed green beans and toasted pine nuts.  Heat through and serve.  




This is Kyle's favorite way for me to make green beans, but I only pull this one out for company or special occasions since it involves a few more steps than opening a can of green beans and popping it in the microwave. Pine nuts are also a pricey item.  I made these for Luke's birthday to go with the spaghetti and they were a hit.  Try them the next time you have to "bring a side dish" or have company over.  Or I guess you could just make them for your family *wink.

1 comment: