Pages

Snippets

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Not my recipe, but thine...

We had the yummiest soup tonight at bible study.  Leta ate two bowls.  While I was feeding her those two bowls the rest of the crockpot somehow disappeared.  Nicki scraped out the bottom for 1/2 a bowl for me, but then Leta didn't finish her 2nd bowl so I had that, and Luke didn't finish his, so I had that, too.  So, all together I had a bowl full.  It was good.  And the best part?  I didn't even make it, but I now have the recipe!!!

Thanks Beth Sears!!!!

Cheeseburger Soup

2 lb. hamburger, browned
2 C rice, cooked
1/4 C onion, chopped
3 C Chicken Broth
1/2 C carrots, grated
1/3 C celery, chopped
1- 8 oz. Sour Cream with chives
2 soup cans of milk
1 lb. Velveeta, cut into chunks
1- 11 oz. cheddar cheese soup
salt and pepper

Combine broth, carrots, onion, and celery. Let simmer 15 minutes. Then add hamburger, rice, soup, cheese and milk. Simmer only. Do not boil. Right before serving, add sour cream and stir until just warmed. Garnish with green onions, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment