Pages

Snippets

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Chicken and Bacon Florentine

I got this recipe from the 5 Dollar Dinner website and tried it out tonight.  It was really good and everyone ate it really well.  And for once, Luke didn't try to pick out the spinach.  That's why I love frozen spinach.  It's much harder to avoid *grin*.  I altered her recipe slightly.  And I'm sure I paid more for my ingredients than she did.

1/2 lb short cut pasta (I used rotini, and I always buy the Barilla Plus pasta brand)
1 lb diced chicken
4 slices Jennie-O Turkey Bacon, chopped
1 (15oz) can petite diced tomatoes
1/2 box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to taste
2 T olive oil
Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Cook bacon, and chicken and cook.  Add spices, tomatoes and spinach and cooked pasta.  Heat through and toss with olive oil.  Serve with Parmesan.

Here's a link to her original post: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/07/chicken-bacon-florentine-pasta.html

1 comment: